Marlin 6 Women's is a cross country mountain bike built to give you an efficient off-road ride with a suspension fork that locks out, and smoother-shifting 2x8 drivetrain. It's made for mountain biking, but it's also equipped with features like rack and kickstand mounts that make it a great choice for adventurous daily commutes.
It's right for you if...
- You're testing the waters of off-road riding and want a real mountain bike at a great value with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
- A lightweight aluminum frame with internal shift cable and brake hose routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, an efficient 2x8 drivetrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, a saddle designed for women, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain, plus a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
- Performance features like suspension lockout; stronger, double-walled rim; and hydraulic disc brakes. It's also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wide range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
Why you'll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Sizes X-Small – Small: 27.5-inch
Sizes Medium – Medium/Large: 29-inch
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135mm QR|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve|
Front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 100mm QR
Rear: Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135mm QR
|Tires||Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge|
|Chain||KMC Z8.3, 8 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M315, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano HG31, 11-34T, 8 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Brakes||Tektro HD-M276 hydraulic disc|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Ajna Women's|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.