Rail 7 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analog trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery, and more, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a trail-specific e-MTB that’s designed to tackle the same tough terrain as regular trail bikes. You already know just how awesome e-MTBs are on the mountain, and want to invest in better components.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame with 150mm of rear travel that fully encases a 625Wh battery, a 160mm RockShox Yari RC fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. A smooth-shifting 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, dropper post, powerful Shimano 4-piston brakes for confident descents, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless ready, including sealant.
The final word
Rail 7 features loads of upgraded parts, including the drivetrain, fork, and wheels. But the biggest deal is that it comes with the longest-range Bosch battery you can get. That means more runs and more fun.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain—no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
|Motor||Bosch Performance Line CX 250W|
|Max Assisted Speed||20mph|
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230x57.5mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub|
|Hubs||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub|
|Tires||Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60''|
|Crankset||E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165mm length|
|Chain||Shimano SLX M7100, 12 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8100, long cage, 51T max cog|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano SLX M7100, 10-51, 12 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX M7100, 12 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Rhythm Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 780mm width|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 50mm length|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width|
|Seat Post||TranzX JD-YSP18, 100mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Dnister Black/Rage Red / Medium||601842385340||1042163||RAI32227965D|
|Dnister Black/Rage Red / Large||601842385333||1042164||RAI32548864D|
|Dnister Black/Rage Red / X-Large||601842385326||1042165||RAI33992920D|
|Miami Green/Nautical Navy / Small||601842385319||1042166||RAI35774149Y|
|Miami Green/Nautical Navy / Medium||601842385302||1042167||RAI35907405Y|