Sales Lead Level - 5
JOB TITLE: Sales Manager, Level -5 Sales
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Summary: Responsible for maintaining a highly effective sales staff. Provide training and support for sales staff at your location. Maintain sales floor presentation standards. Maintain effective working relationship between sales department and service department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set the tone for the entire sales department.
- Responsible for every aspect of the sales department operations for your location.
- High-level sales ability
- Assist other sales staff when they are struggling with a difficult sale.
- Creates the sales staff schedule for your location.
- Inform sales staff regarding new policies, policy changes, new procedures, and procedure changes.
- Enforce the sales department policies.
- Maintain warranty policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain sales staff efficiency.
- Order store supplies.
- Monitor and maintain product inventory levels.
- Ensure that proper safety practices are being followed.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Delegate jobs and responsibilities to sales staff.
- Ensure customer service standards are being met
- Maintaining employee morale.
- Train and educate sales staff
- Hire salespeople.
- Reward, discipline, and terminate employees.
- Make sure that there is good communication between sales and service departments.
- Process warranty claims on apparel and accessories
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization within the store
- Maintain in-store signage and product pricing
- Assist in creating sales, names of sales, dates of sales, what products are on sale and what price.
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- Trek Project One training
- Freewheel Bike Training Guide For All
- Freewheel Bike Sales Training Guide
- Sales training 104
- Bike Fitting (Sizing 101, positioning 101 and Trek Precision Fit trained)
- Trek U Ninja
- Supervisor training 101
Education/Experience: Four years retail sales experience. One year retail management experience.
Skills and Traits:
- Mathematical skills, calculate profit margin and markup (know the difference)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organisational skills
- High energy levels
- Strong leadership and team working skills
- Strong record keeping skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret P&L reports, productivity reports, labor and sales reports, actuals, etc.
- Ability to solve problems in various situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employee
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, gregarious,
- Ability to remain positive when faced with adversity,
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills,
- Strong leadership/coaching skills
- Physical Demands:
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
Skills and Traits: Outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, gregarious, positive