Job Title: L5 Mechanic/Service Writer
Reports To: Service Manager
Summary: This position requires a unique mechanic that is able to perform high-level repairs and has exceptional customer service skills. You will need to be able to complete high-level repairs such as frame facing/chasing, wheel builds, hydraulic brake bleeds, electronic shifting diagnostics, internally geared hub service and complete bicycle overhauls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform level 1 - 5 repairs
- Create accurate and complete repair estimates for customers
- Assist L1 - L4 mechanics with repairs
- Perform quality control inspection on others repairs
- Ensure that proper safety practices are being followed
- Handle customer complaints
- Delegate while-you-wait repairs to production mechanics.
- Ensure customer service standards are being met
- Make sure that there is good communication between sales and service departments.
- Process warranty claims on frames and parts
- Provide training to mechanics as needed.
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop
- Check work email and respond at the beginning and end of every shift
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- Freewheel Bike Training Guide For All
- Freewheel Bike Service Training Guide
- Trek University “Ninja” Status
Education/Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional bicycle mechanic experience. Completion of Barnett’s or UBI a plus
Skills and Traits:
- High-level mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills
- High energy level
- Strong leadership and team working skills
- Strong record keeping skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to solve problems in various situations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, gregarious, positive, analytical, diplomatic, tactful
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.