Level 3 Sales/Cafe Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Midtown Bike Center
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
This job contributes to Freewheels Success by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. This job deploys employees and delegates tasks to that employees can create and maintain the Freewheel Experience for our customers. Contributes menu ideas and has a passion for cycling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- During shift, directs partners to various workstations to reduce bottlenecks and to ensure speed of service, cleanliness standards and operational needs are met.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely, and respectful coaching and feedback to employees on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve employee performance
- Develops positive relationships with the team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs, and concerns
- Acts as a role sales role model, completed all sales training and functions as a project subject expert to all employees.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned
- Functions as a Vendor relations lead. Places orders and maintains profitability while adding valuable products to cafe and menu.
- Trains other employees on the benefits of products sold at Freewheel and acts as a communication hub for all employees, communicating important information to others in a timely fashion.
- Follows operational procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees during the shift. Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift
- Acts with integrity,, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Freewheel Bike. Maintains a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs. Follows up with sales and service during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift
- Provides quality beverages, food, products, consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create “Freewheel Vibe” during every shift. Recognizes and Reinforces the individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods of recognition.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- 1 year customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment
- Background in espresso beverages and coffee culture
Skills and Traits:
- Has a passion for cycling
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Effective oral communication skills
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a term
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to stand for long periods 8 hours at a time