Job Title: L1 Mechanic
Reports To: Service Manager
Summary: This is an entry level bicycle assembly position. Previous experience is not required. Training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble new bicycles
- Ensure that proper safety practices are being followed
- Make sure that there is good communication between sales and service departments.
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop
- Check work email and respond at the beginning and end of every shift
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- Freewheel Bike Training Guide For All
- Freewheel Bike Service Training Guide
- Trek University “Newbie” status
Education/Experience: Previous experience is not required. Completion of Barnett’s or UBI or other bicycle mechanics courses a plus.
Skills and Traits:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organisational skills
- High energy level
- Ability to solve problems in various situations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Enthusiastic, positive, analytical
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.